Castle Ehrenburg

The Castle Ehrenburg was the residence of the Sirs von Ehrenburg, which later were called von Künigl. It was built in the 12th century. During the 15th century the castle was extended and in the year 1512 it was extended again with the arcade yard. In the year 1732 it was converted into a baroque castle. The big hall, the bay windows, the wooden panelling and the paintings on the ceiling and also the castle chapel are very remarkable. The castle is not open to visitors.

Only visible from the outside.


Only visible from the outside.

Kiener Dorfweg 4b - 39030 Kiens/Ehrenburg